Register on the Hyphenate developer console for access to our in-app chat service by creating an application and obtain the API key to enable to the chat services with Hyphenate.
Next, use the APIs provided by Hyphenate to communicate between your developer backend and the Hyphenate server. APIs allow you to create and bind your Hyphenate ID with your existing users or to fetch chat history.
Read the Server Integration Guide
Integrate our client SDKs with your mobile or web client app. We support the following platforms:
SDKs have different modules to handle specific sets of functionalities.
- EMClient: Entry point of the SDK and other classes. Perform login, logout, establish a long connection, etc.
- EMChatManager: Manage sending and receiving messages, etc.
- EMContactManager: Manage contact relationships, blacklists, etc.
- EMGroupManager: Manage group operations, add a group, manage group members, etc.
- EMChatroomManager: Manage chat room operations, add chat rooms, manage chat room members, etc.
In addition to the case studies below, you might find it helpful to review how message delivery works on the Hyphenate platform.
- Case Study: Get User Data
- Case Study: Create a Group Chat
- Case Study: User Account Sign Up and Login
- Case Study: Bind Existing User Data with Hyphenate ID
- Case Study: Message Relay during IM Service Migration
- Case Study: Cross App Chat within the same Hyphenate App Domain
- Case Study: End-to-End Encryption
- Case Study: Chatbot Integration